With special thanks to Marie-Laure Ah-You, Chief Strategy Officer, LUX* Resorts
How do you turn a passion for “shining service” into measurable performance standards? How do you translate a vision like “We Make Each Moment Matter” and a purpose like “Helping People Celebrate Life” into observable, and trainable, commitments?
LUX* Resorts has cracked the code with their newest version of LUX* Shining Personality Standards. Every standard (except the one that specifically cites the Vision and Purpose) is observable – can be clearly seen or heard – and therefore easily taught, coached, managed, maintained, and celebrated.
Read through the LUX* standards below, and then re-look at your own service standards. Are they as clear and easy to understand? Do your team members know without confusion what is expected, what they need to learn, and how they can improve to shine at work each day?
The LUX* Shining Personality Standard describes the branded behaviour unique to LUX*, that is portrayed during daily interactions with Guests or other Team Members. It is a behaviour that is both visible and audible, such that it is clearly recognisable as an exclusive trait of a LUX* Team Member.
The LUX* Shining Personality is displayed through the following behaviours:
1. Team Members are impeccably groomed at all times, ensuring that they are a true reflection of the LUX* Shining brand image.
2. Team Members always address guests by name, and if not known, seek out ways to know and use the guest’s name, applying the right social etiquette at all times.
3. Young children are addressed in a personalized manner by using their name and crouching down in a friendly way, in order to be at equal eye level.
4. When interacting with guests or colleagues, Team Members always maintain a professional posture, pleasant eye contact and tone of voice.
5. Team Members always demonstrate a keen willingness to serve both colleagues and guests.
6. When responding to guests’ & colleagues’ requirements, Team Members readily provide complete and detailed information in a timely and enthusiastic way, proactively offering prompt assistance whenever possible.
7. When personally unable to fulfill a guest’s request, Team Members take responsibility to introduce a colleague who can assist.
8. When giving directions, Team Members personally escort guests to the specific location, or until it is in clear view.
9. Team Members seek opportunities to make each moment matter & help our guests celebrate life.
10. Team Members are eager to continuously learn and enhance personal and professional skills and knowledge.
11. Team Members have a thorough knowledge of the resort and local environment, and demonstrate pride and confidence by enthusiastically sharing this knowledge with others.
12. Team Members at a more senior level always endeavour to inspire and educate other Team Members, by dedicating personal time and effort to share knowledge and best practices through clear and frequent communication.
* * * * *